The PM should stop talking banana if he know little about real business
It is a bad habit inheritance from Mahathir . It seems in this country call Bolehland, all the minister want to become teacher for all people.
From a recent publicity, Malaysia prime minister AAB trying to spit out his wisdom on business using goreng pisang(stir fried banana) as example .
“When one person sells fried bananas, many others follow suit.
“When this kind of situation happens, eventually supply exceeds demand, causing prices to drop,” he said.
There is a thin line between a wise man and a wise guy. Even economy gurus don’t dare to speak this basic 101 economy, because it can be easily backfire “chicken and egg” situation.
A policies maker should NEVER talk about fried banana business other than setting policies to help the business. I am not a economy expert, but should I given a chance to draw the policies, I can sort out lots of things to help the fried banana business.
- Monitor and check the material price of of banana, e.g. flour, oil, banana
- Make sure there is a constant supplies of banana(so the fried banana business can continue)
- Increase the efficiency and health factor of fried banana
- Look into possibilities of expand variety of process banana, e.g. banana paste, banana biscuit, banana cakes, pickles banana
- Setup body to help expand business such as “instant fried banana”, microwave fried banana that make fried banana exportable
- Setup body to help stabilise the prize of banana with various food manufacturing means
If I want to monopoly the fried banana business, I will not take the path of early Proton monopoly using concession and AP rent seeking method. I will work around with quality, quantities, cost control and marketing,and that is basic business 101.