Quick Windows drivers bluescreen repair
So here is the quick and dirty way to fix it.
- Download Ubuntu Super Os . Install as bootable CDROM or bootable thumbdrive. You may download Knoppix if you want more choice.
- Boot Ubuntu thumdrive or CDROM
- Open the file manger, go to the hard disk, this should show as “XXX GB Hard disk”
- Under Ubuntu, when you open the windows hard drive, you will notice it is mount as /media/disk
- Go to /media/disk/windows/system32/drivers
- Create a empty folder
- Move all file under /media/disk/windows/system32/drivers to another directory
- Now insert Windows installation CDROM . Copy the whole cdrom /i386 folder to /media/disk/i386 . Make sure the subdirectories are copy as well.
- Reboot System, boot from the Windows installation CDROM
- Skip the Recovery console screen and go into the Windows installation screen(should be the 3rd screen). Click “R” to choose repair. Let the system run.
- After the system copies and replace file into the system, at some stage , in some machine (e.g. netbook) it will ask for some missing file location. just key in c:\i386
- Keep answer the same folder location until the installation done.
- Combofix is an useful tools to fix your windows system according to Microsoft specification. Besides stopping viruses, it can use to fix corrupted windows settings. Combofix is a pretty safe tools.
- Run hijackthis to remove unwanted startup file. Make sure you know what you are doing.